Customer/User Passwords

https://forum.kartris.com/Topic3793.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By metalmania - Fri 19 Jun 2015
I am testing the migration of customers from a Cactushop V6 database to the latest version of Kartris (v2.8004) using the latest datatool (v2.8000) and have a problem regarding the customers password. I am just doing a "Customer/Orders Related Data Only" import.

After the conversion, which completes successfully, I am not able to login to the frontend as a customer. I get the message :-
"Problem...Email address or password are incorrect; No account could be found with matching details. Please use the forgot password link if you need to recover the password for your account.".

I have tried both encrypting the passwords (providing the web.config file as the Datatool requests) and also NOT encrypting the passwords.
If I don't encrypt the passwords then I can see them as plain text (as they were in Cactushop) in the tblKartrisUsers.U_Password column and the U_SaltValue is Null.
If I do encrypt the passwords then I get an encrypted entry in the U_Password column and the U_SaltValue is also populated.

If I go into the Admin/Backend and reset the password for a customer, then I can login as that customer ok.

Can anyone advise if they have come across similar or if I might have missed something.