IE8 Issue

https://forum.kartris.com/Topic286.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By firstdibs - Wed 1 Dec 2010
The view basket itemization in IE8 is not showing a remove tick.

This is not a Kartris issue.  I removed IE and reinstalled and the Remove X is showing.
By Paul - Wed 1 Dec 2010
Could you be more specific? I've tested our online demo with IE8 and don't see any issues. You mean the delete X on the right of items in the basket on basket.aspx?
By firstdibs - Wed 1 Dec 2010
Paul,

Yes., the X  is what I am referring to.  Attached is a screenshot.  Additionally you can see the issue I am having with the Support link not showing as well.
By firstdibs - Thu 2 Dec 2010
Just to make sure I replaced the CSS styling for the above post with the default and the remove X item is also missing in IE8.
By Paul - Thu 2 Dec 2010
Do you get the same issue on our demo here:

http://demo.kartris.com/

I've tested this in IE8, and I don't. So I want to see if your IE8 sees this the same as my one does.

Are you absolutely sure that you have no CSS changes at all to the store? If you hover where the X should be, is the link actually still there? It looks rather like what can happen if you've changed styles, especially ones maybe to do with visited links (A:visited).
paul,

Yes the http://www.demo.kartris.com site in IE8 is not showing the X either.  The screenshot is attached.
By Paul - Thu 2 Dec 2010
Strange - I've just taken a screenshot of what I see in IE8. I even popped the 'about' window so you can see which version of IE I am running.

Anyone else able to post a screenshot or confirm if they also have problems in IE8?
By Neil - Thu 2 Dec 2010
No problems here. Win XP PRO
IE issue resolved.  After removing IE and reinstalling I am able to see the Remove X now. 
By Paul - Thu 2 Dec 2010
What a weird one! Thanks for the update,
By Neil - Fri 21 Jan 2011
We are now seeing this issue on our own site but not on the Kartris demo site!! (see attached)

Was a fix ever discovered? Several customers have reported this bug to us.

Also changing quantity to 0 does not work either to remove an item - perhaps this could be added to the 'to-do' list?
By firstdibs - Fri 21 Jan 2011
Neil,

Good to here from you.  You did the modifications for me on Cactushop some time ago.  Microsoft suggestion was to uninstall IE8 and then re-install and the issue was resolved.   Could be the Compatibility View.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700
By Neil - Fri 21 Jan 2011
Hi Gary,

Thanks for the update. I can't seem to correct this issue by changing compatibility view settings. A fix needs to be issued as we can't expect website users to reinstall their browser!

Cheers

Neil
By firstdibs - Fri 21 Jan 2011
Neil,

What version of kartris are you using?  I believe the issue was cleared up before my latest update / fixes.  I can check the date and my notes and see if the issue was resolved before or after my latest update if you have not resolved the issue to try and help isolate the problem.

Regards,
Gary
By charlotte - Fri 25 Mar 2011
Hi, I'm experiencing the same problem with IE8, viewing the basket the remove icon is not visible and when I hover there is no link. This only happens when the compatibility view option is set. If I run the browser without the compatibility view the remove icon views ok. In Mozilla the remove icon views fine. I haven’t changed the CSS for the basket. Any suggestions?
By firstdibs - Fri 25 Mar 2011
At current I am not having this issue after an update.  It might depending on the version you are using and if you have made any fix updates.  You might ask Neil from Miles also in this thread.  He has done work for me before and has a good grasp of the Cactus and Kartris software.

Regards,
Gary
By charlotte - Fri 25 Mar 2011
I'm running the latest version of Kartris. This issue also happens on the Kartis demo site when viewed in compatibility mode, and in IE9 in compatibility mode. With compatibility turned off it views fine, which suggests to me that the CSS needs tweaking.
By Neil - Wed 27 Apr 2011
This problem seems to have been fixed in 1.3