GoDaddy - Anyone using Kartris with GoDaddy.com

https://forum.kartris.com/Topic276.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By kriginis - Mon 29 Nov 2010
I have been trying now for days to get this setup on godaddy.com hosting - the install goes without a problem, the database works and event the web.config upload.  But after that I get the runtime error after uploading the new web.config.

unfortunately it is the generic - I have tried to get more but with no luck:

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File --><configuration>    <system.web>        <customErrors mode="Off"/>    </system.web></configuration>
Any ideas?
By Paul - Tue 30 Nov 2010
I have seen people get it working on GoDaddy, the biggest problem I think there is that they don't grant direct MS SQL access so you can connection MS SQL Management Studio on port 1433 (or another port). So it is hard to admin the database other than from their web panel, which is slower and much more limited.

Does kartris log any error here:

Uploads/logs/errors/2010.11/

(latest file there will be most recent errors)
By kriginis - Tue 30 Nov 2010
I was able to get it working by - upgrading the account hosting account to IIS 7 - Just a tip if anyone is trying to use godaddy for hosing.
By saturation - Fri 3 Dec 2010
I moved mine from godaddy to Network Solutions--you can use SQL Management Studio to hook into the database for more control instead of using a control panel for db management.    Works great.