Install a second off - line payment method

https://forum.kartris.com/Topic2657.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By tasosdr - Tue 10 Dec 2013
Hi,

For the solution I develop under Kertris I am asked to give a second off-line solution to the customers for selection. Kartris has only one pre-installed.
Is there any way of installing a second instance of the off line payment method and then edit / change it accordingly?

Thank you
By Paul - Wed 11 Dec 2013
Not sure there is an easy way to do this. Can you explain the requirement a little more, the reasoning behind this? We have recently done a custom site which had two different offline payment methods, and we just added a select menu to the checkout - the order confirmation mails then clearly showed which was which.
By tasosdr - Sun 15 Dec 2013
Well it goes like this:

My client liked to have a choice of two off-line methods of payment that can be selected by the customer.
The one is going to be the classic "bank deposit" and the other is going to be the "payment upon reception of the goods".
Can you give me some more details of hw you implemented the solution you refered to?

Tasos
By tasosdr - Mon 30 Dec 2013
In order to fine tune the e-shop I am developing it would be nice to have a solution for this issue also!Can you please advice me a bit more of how you solvedc this issue in the case you discribed?

Thanks,

Tasos
By tasosdr - Thu 16 Jan 2014
Good morning,having passed quite a long time since the last replay and becouse now is REALLY urgent, can someone please advise me of how can I have a workaround for this issue?

Thank you so much.

Tasos
By tasosdr - Sun 26 Jan 2014
Finally I made it happened so now I am posting the workarroubd for others to get help.So, the problem was that my client wanted to have to distinct off line methods of payment. In many countries like Greece for example is quite common not to buy easily from the web using credit cards. So there is one way to buy off line through wire transfer in bank account and one option to pay on the reception of the goods. These are two dinstict methods do It was needed two off-line payment gateways in order to have these 2 option in the drop down payment selection menu.
The solution:
1. copy and paste the whole PO_offlinepayment sub-directory changing its name. Change also the names of the files inside the sub-firectory accordingly.
2. Change the settings of both gateways in their own config files. In the backend gateway list there is going to say for both the same attributes but don't worry. If you try to do a transaction will see that everything works fine. You have to add as many frendly name nodes as you need.
3, At the checkout.aspx.vb file you have to make changes if you want the payment of choice to be shown (somewhere arround 1590 line for the 2.5005 version).

Hope I could be of help.

Tasos
By TheCalicoTree - Fri 1 Aug 2014
Hi Tasos,

I have exactly the same requirement as you. Copied you solution and thought it was working, however I now get an error:

>> Version:2.6004
>> URL:http://test.hotel-buyer-store.co.uk/Admin/_PaymentGateways.aspx
>> Page:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> 01/08/2014 20:38:16
>> 81.111.151.133
>> DESCRIPTION:
Assembly loaded but there seem to be a problem reading it. - Payment_Plan - Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Did you have a similar problem?

Kind regards

Helen
By tasosdr - Thu 9 Oct 2014
Helen sorry for the delayes answer, don't know if my answer is still needed.I didn't had any of this problem, so I dont know what to tell you about this. sorry!
By ln73 - Thu 9 Oct 2014
Hi Helen

I'd be interested in knowing if you managed to get this working - I'm looking at implementing a similar multiple off-line payment solution. Thanks in advance for your reply.

Tasos - a massive thank you for posting the original work-around.

Lee