Data Tool, Import Language Pack

https://forum.kartris.com/Topic2007.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By faber - Wed 1 May 2013
Hi.

I'm testing and evaluating the Kartris 2.0 Shopping Cart software (release 2.0002).
I' ve installed it on my PC having: Windows 7, IIS 7.5, SQLServer Express 2012, Visual Studio 2010.

I've tested the installation of Kartris methods both Web Matrix and manually (for shared hosting) with success.

But I have difficulty using the KartrisDataTool to importing other Languages (after their configuration).
With the release 1.4004 of KartrisDataTool I've only errors (and none imports), that is (e.g. from logs):

Import Kartris Language,Info,Updating Backend String 'AdminBar_AddNewProductHere'.
Import Kartris Language,Error,"Error:Cannot find the object ""trigKartrisLanguageStrings_DML"" because it does not exist or you do not have permissions."

With the release 2.0002 of KartrisDataTool (I founded the download link in forum) on the other end, I don't find the Execute button to start the importing!
See the attachment image (NB: this forum sofware have serious problems when showing wheter the upload image form or the attach form).

Can you help me to solve this issue ?
By Paul - Wed 1 May 2013
I will have to check out the language import... we cut a quick alpha version with CactuShop and CSV product import functions working, but some of the other areas are probably still 'work in progress'.

I'll see if we can get a new DT alpha release in next day or two with the language import working.
By Paul - Sat 4 May 2013
Have fixed a few things with the language import. It appeared largely layout problems, with buttons hidden after the layout changes in the new v2 tool.

Can you try this one:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10672133/KartrisDataTool_2_0002.zip
By faber - Sun 5 May 2013
Thank you very much for new release of KartrisDataTool.
I have tested it and successfully it has imported my language pack.
There are just a few of errors in the log import that I noticed you in the RTF file attached here. I think may be useful.

Just another question now: in a shared hosting scenario (without access to the server console), it is possible import another language pack or products (in xls files) straight by the web pages online in admin back-end management ?
By askomit - Mon 6 May 2013
my suggestion would be to script it and there is in admin section run sql script option

copy paste script there... it should work, i thinkk