Translation

https://forum.kartris.com/Topic1948.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By askomit - Thu 25 Apr 2013
Hi,

i'm translating web site from english to croatian. Is there a way after i finish to get that data out, and use on other sites?

I would like after i finish translation, to give kartris team my translation to be included with other languages... So you can add one more to the list Smile
By Mart - Thu 25 Apr 2013
That would be great if you were happy to do that.

We've talked about creating a resources section that would have things like additional language translations. We'd give you a link back too if you wanted that.

How are you doing the translation?

We've previously used google translate which can translate a spreadsheet. So we export the language elements to a spreadsheet, upload to google docs and then use a translate formula.

Obviously it won't be perfect but its a good starting point as it will have done 80-90% of the work for you.
By askomit - Thu 25 Apr 2013
For now i translate directly in Kartris ...

And doing it without google... Using google translate if i get stuck to get alternate words...

Google does not translate English - Croatian good enough ... to much work would be needed after google ... Easier for me to go string after string Smile

I was trying to find file mentioned here to translate but i did not find it to download for Kartris 2.0... so on line translation is on going