Require some help with database

https://forum.kartris.com/Topic1842.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Frank - Mon 4 Mar 2013
Hello all,

As probably typical with someone new to shops and databases I have caused a problem by entering a non valid entry in a config setting, i.e. Lang_Culture (I entered en-UK instead of en-GB). This has caused me to be locked out of the front and back ends.

The hosting provider has mylittleadmin installed which I can use to inspect the table, however the triggers are doing what they should and preventing my edit.

I have read the Trigger errors article #44 in the KB and successfully installed SQL Server Management Studio to connect to the database but don't see how to run the stored procedures.

Any help appreciated.

Frank
By Frank - Mon 4 Mar 2013
Resolved: I was so close! Some fast SQL lessons has allowed me to EXEC the procedure, update the value and now all is good again. 
By Paul - Mon 4 Mar 2013
Great... the config and language settings at present are definitely an area to tread carefully. It's on our general to do list to tighten up things in the config settings. We already have the data formatted to allow us to display some settings with limited settings, (e.g. y/n) as dropdown menus or checkboxes, and we've also considered having the ability to add a regex per setting to help prevent invalid entries such as text in number fields, or blank settings when not permitted. But with things like language/culture where there are a large number of valid settings, I think it's unlikely we could have anything like that.

The next version of Kartris won't have the triggers, largely because it seems to cause Microsoft problems in validating the cart for the web app gallery (which is why they're currently listing the old 1.3 version).
By Frank - Thu 7 Mar 2013
Thanks Paul,
Appreciate your insight on this. nice upgrade to the forum also!