Manual Install V 1.2000 web.config error

https://forum.kartris.com/Topic158.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By trenery - Fri 5 Nov 2010
Hi

I am trying to upgrade my system from 1.8. I can't use the Microsoft tool because it installs 1.18.

I first copied the files over to top of the old version and went through the web set-up again. I picked the existing database and all installed correctly. But then it threw an error trying to go to the site.

So, I deleted everything and am trying to get a fresh install of 1.2000. 

When I go to the site i get the following error.

Can anyone help please.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. 

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

Source Error: 

Line 51: 	<system.web>Line 52:         <caching>Line 53:             <cache disableExpiration="true"/>Line 54:         </caching>Line 55:         <profile enabled="false"/>

Source File: C:\websites\localuser\mototouring\kartris\web.config    Line: 53 

By Paul - Sun 7 Nov 2010
This error:

It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.

...normally happens if you set up all the files in a subfolder of an application rather than at the root of a folder that is set to be an application.

There is a good post on it here:

http://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh/archive/2005/04/25/37609.aspx
By trenery - Sun 7 Nov 2010
Thanks for this

Can you give me instruction on manually installing version 1.2000 please.

Mike
By Ogma - Sun 7 Nov 2010
Hi Mike
If it helps at all, I have just successfully installed 1.2000 by following the manual install instructions found in the manual on the Kartris website

Regards
Carl
By trenery - Mon 8 Nov 2010
Thanks, it's installed OK now.