Translate the menu

https://forum.kartris.com/Topic1424.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By - Tue 25 Oct 2011
Hello

I saw that I can translate many phrases of my website..

but i couldn't find what is the string to translate the Menus!! It seems to be not available in the Admin...

is there any place to trnaslate the menu?
By Neil - Wed 26 Oct 2011
You need to edit these manually in the following file in the root of the website : web_menu.sitemap
By - Wed 26 Oct 2011
Neil (26/10/2011)
You need to edit these manually in the following file in the root of the website : web_menu.sitemap

hi, but what if i need to add another language?

Only english menus appears ok... the other language appears something like $_Home, $_News
By Paul - Wed 26 Oct 2011
The menu translation should work if you've translated the language strings used within it.

The menu is formatted in the web_menu.sitemap file in the root of the site. For example, the 'products' menu link is:

<siteMapNode url="~/Category.aspx?" title="$resources: Products,ContentText_Products"  description="$resources: Products,ContentText_Products"  >

If you have translated the ContentText_Products language string to portuguese, this should appear when viewing the site in portuguese, while switching to English will give the English version.
By - Wed 26 Oct 2011
hi

yes, i have translated this statement for example:

ContentText_Products

but still doesn't show the translation...

If i make an SQL query, it shows it is in the database:

SQL Query

select * from tblKartrisLanguageStrings where LS_Name = 'ContentText_Products' and LS_FrontBack='f'

Records Affected 0

Records Returned 2

LS_FrontBackLS_NameLS_ValueLS_DescriptionLS_VersionAddedLS_DefaultValueLS_VirtualPathLS_ClassNameLS_LangIDLS_ID
fContentText_ProductsProducts 1Products Products1898
fContentText_ProductsProdutos 1Produtos Products235759

but in the website, it still shows up as $_Products

what can be wrong here??