only 1 item to sell

https://forum.kartris.com/Topic1172.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By JohnH - Mon 8 Aug 2011
I sell stamps, so I only have a quantity of 1 per item. When the item is purchased by a customer, how can I remove the item from view so that nobody else can try and buy it ?

I have removed the "Qty" box next to the "Add" button and I have set the quantity to 1.

thanks,

John

www.BuyItNow-Stamps.com
By Mart - Mon 8 Aug 2011
John,

Are you using stock control?

When entering the version, there is a tick box "use stock tracking". Tick it and then set the quantity to 1.

When that item is ordered, it should deplete the stock automatically to zero, and hence prevent someone purchashing it (unless you've changed the defaults to let people order out of stock items).
By JohnH - Tue 9 Aug 2011
That works fine, thanks.

What I would like to do now is to make the product item not "live" after the 1 stock item has been purchased, so that nobody else can see it (even though they cannot add it to their basket).

Any suggestions on the approach - change to the code or stored proc....

thanks,

John
By Mohammad - Tue 9 Aug 2011
If the item is out of stock, you will see that in the "To Do List" in the right hand side in the back-end pages, you can select the version from there and change it to "not live".

Or you can run this sql to do that:
DISABLE TRIGGER trigKartrisVersions_DML ON tblKartrisVersions;
UPDATE vKartrisProductsVersions
SET V_Live = 0
WHERE (V_Quantity <= V_QuantityWarnLevel) AND (V_QuantityWarnLevel <> 0);
ENABLE TRIGGER trigKartrisVersions_DML ON tblKartrisVersions;

Will try to have an option to set the "
out of stock" versions offline in the future releases.
By JohnH - Wed 10 Aug 2011
Thanks for the reply and the code. I plan to schedule the SQL every 15 mins.

I think it would be a good new feature for those of us who sell single items. When might v1.4 appear ?

I've been testing nopCommerce and Kartris and I have decided to go with you guys. Keep up the good work !

John
By Paul - Thu 11 Aug 2011
v1.4 is still a few weeks away. Main changes will be:

- some product level configuration for things such as supporting decimal fractions for item quantities, add-to-basket qty display (textbox, dropdown, etc)

- tax improvements, configuration calculations for various regimes (US, EU, Canada, etc) set up in XML files

- simpler way to setup tax from wizard type page, which will default the appropriate config settings for each system

- upgrade to ASP.NET 4.0, graphing functionality for various data such as orders, stats, etc