Paypal error if process currency field is left blank

Posted By whelanbe Tue 1 Feb 2011
Add to Favorites0
whelanbe
 Posted Tue 1 Feb 2011
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (9,182 reputation)Supreme Being - (9,182 reputation)Supreme Being - (9,182 reputation)Supreme Being - (9,182 reputation)Supreme Being - (9,182 reputation)Supreme Being - (9,182 reputation)Supreme Being - (9,182 reputation)Supreme Being - (9,182 reputation)Supreme Being - (9,182 reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Last Active: Sat 12 Feb 2011
When setting up paypal in the kartris admin, if I leavethe process currency field blank it results in the error when someone gets to the paypal stage of checkout on the site but if I put EUR in the process currency field it works fine and goes to paypal no problem.

However I want the process currency to be blank so the currency used can be whatever currency the user has selected on the shop. Also, although the manual says that the user will be 'be alerted at the last step of the checkout that the actual amount they will pay will be converted, and they will be shown the converted amount in that currency' - this is not the case, there is no notification to this effect, it just goes straight to paypal and shows the amount in the process currency.

I also tried changing the payment recieving preferences in my paypal account to accept payment in any currency but I still get the error.

Any suggestions?

Medz
 Posted Tue 1 Feb 2011
Kartris Expert

Kartris Expert - (58,812 reputation)Kartris Expert - (58,812 reputation)Kartris Expert - (58,812 reputation)Kartris Expert - (58,812 reputation)Kartris Expert - (58,812 reputation)Kartris Expert - (58,812 reputation)Kartris Expert - (58,812 reputation)Kartris Expert - (58,812 reputation)Kartris Expert - (58,812 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Tue 3 Dec 2013
Hi, thanks for sending this in. The issues you've reported are now confirmed bugs and should be fixed shortly in the next release. At the moment, you'll need to put a value in the process currency field in order for Paypal to work correctly. Will notify you as soon as the next build is ready for download.

Regards,

Medz
Tue 1 Feb 2011 by Medz