How to set up with Paypal

Posted By whelanbe Mon 24 Jan 2011
Add to Favorites0
whelanbe
 Posted Mon 24 Jan 2011
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (9,188 reputation)Supreme Being - (9,188 reputation)Supreme Being - (9,188 reputation)Supreme Being - (9,188 reputation)Supreme Being - (9,188 reputation)Supreme Being - (9,188 reputation)Supreme Being - (9,188 reputation)Supreme Being - (9,188 reputation)Supreme Being - (9,188 reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Last Active: Sat 12 Feb 2011
Hi,

I would like to use paypal to process payment in my shop. Where in the back end do I put my paypal settings to facilitate this. I have tried Configuration > Payment and Shipping Gateways > and then edited the Paypal setting. I turned the paypal status to On. I set the URL to be https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr but where do I put my paypal login email? I have also activated IPN in my paypal account but I get an error when I try to checkout on the shop. Also what should be entered in the Business field in the paypal settings page in Kartris?

Also, where can i set it up to alos allow offline payments like cheques?
Paul
 Posted Tue 25 Jan 2011
große Käse

große Käse - (450,082 reputation)große Käse - (450,082 reputation)große Käse - (450,082 reputation)große Käse - (450,082 reputation)große Käse - (450,082 reputation)große Käse - (450,082 reputation)große Käse - (450,082 reputation)große Käse - (450,082 reputation)große Käse - (450,082 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Fri 15 Sep 2023
There is a kb article here

http://www.kartris.com/Knowledgebase/Setting-up-Paypal-Web-Site-Payments-Standard-with-Kartris__k-19.aspx

Please update this thread if you find any issues or omissions there.

--
If my post solves your issue, can you 'Mark as Answer' so it's easier for other users to find in future.

If you would like to be informed of new features, new releases, developments and occasional special bonuses, please sign up to our mailing list: http://bit.ly/19sKMZb
whelanbe
 Posted Tue 25 Jan 2011
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (9,188 reputation)Supreme Being - (9,188 reputation)Supreme Being - (9,188 reputation)Supreme Being - (9,188 reputation)Supreme Being - (9,188 reputation)Supreme Being - (9,188 reputation)Supreme Being - (9,188 reputation)Supreme Being - (9,188 reputation)Supreme Being - (9,188 reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Last Active: Sat 12 Feb 2011
Hi,

By checking the error logs I got a clue that the error I was getting when the last stage of checkout tried to go to paypal, was something to do with a currency setting.

After trying a few things, I realised that if I left the process currency field (in the paypal settings in Kartris) blank it resulted in the error but if I put EUR in the process currency field it works fine and goes to paypal no problem.

However I want the process currency to be blank so the currency used can be whatever currency the user has selected on the shop. Also, although the manual says that the user will be 'be alerted at the last step of the checkout that the actual amount they will pay will be converted, and they will be shown the converted amount in that currency' - this is not the case, there is no notification to this effect, it just goes straight to paypal and shows the amount in the process currency.

I also tried changing the payment recieving preferences in my paypal account to accept payment in any currency but I still get the error.

Any suggestions?