Product Attributes page behavior

Posted By pklarquist Wed 1 Oct 2014
Add to Favorites0
pklarquist
 Posted Wed 1 Oct 2014
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (5,259 reputation)Supreme Being - (5,259 reputation)Supreme Being - (5,259 reputation)Supreme Being - (5,259 reputation)Supreme Being - (5,259 reputation)Supreme Being - (5,259 reputation)Supreme Being - (5,259 reputation)Supreme Being - (5,259 reputation)Supreme Being - (5,259 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Wed 22 Feb 2017
So far my client and I have been very happy with Kartris. Thank you!

My suggestion:
When adding a product manually, the page behavior slows me down. To use an attribute, I have to select a checkbox. Then, I wait for a postback, which loads the corresponding textbox control. The page position in the browser is not persisted, so if I have a large list of optional attributes, (and I do,) I have to re-scroll down to where the attribute I want to define is on the page.

The other issue the postback causes, is that I can't select a checkbox, enter the value, and select the next checkbox. If I do, I lose the value from the first textbox. Either viewstate should be used, or...

To fix this, you could put the attributes in an updatepanel.

f I were designing it for myself, I would have both the attribute and the input controls visible on page load. The textbox could be set to disabled. Clicking the checkbox would toggle the enabled property on the textbox using javascript. Clicking save would loop through all of the inputs, and if they were enabled, their value would be saved.