Improve Kartris SEO

Posted By ianguest Mon 23 Jun 2014
Add to Favorites0
ianguest
 Posted Mon 23 Jun 2014
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (41,854 reputation)Supreme Being - (41,854 reputation)Supreme Being - (41,854 reputation)Supreme Being - (41,854 reputation)Supreme Being - (41,854 reputation)Supreme Being - (41,854 reputation)Supreme Being - (41,854 reputation)Supreme Being - (41,854 reputation)Supreme Being - (41,854 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Tue 31 Mar 2015

OK guys and girls, we have all been affected in one way or the otherby the Google updates like Panda.

I think that our combined abilities should be ableto draw up a good list of genuine SEO elements that will help to improve ourwebsites.

Scanning through recent articles concerning Google Panda, theitems listed below keep appearing, some we already know about but are there any others?

ALT image tags
How can imagesuploaded to Kartris include ALT tags?

Fast page loading
Remove allunwanted java script. Unfortunately some clients like java based functions. But are there any other improvements that can be made to skin Kartris designs?

Optimized images
Make images assmall as possible without affecting the quality and not too small thatcustomers cannot see the products

Title tags
Already takeninto account with standard Kartris system and template

Page URLs

H1 tags

Google Authorship Markup
The followingarticle provides a good overview - https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/2539557?hl=en

But what other SEO tricks should we be using that you havefound to work????

BORNXenon
 Posted Tue 24 Jun 2014
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (29,747 reputation)Supreme Being - (29,747 reputation)Supreme Being - (29,747 reputation)Supreme Being - (29,747 reputation)Supreme Being - (29,747 reputation)Supreme Being - (29,747 reputation)Supreme Being - (29,747 reputation)Supreme Being - (29,747 reputation)Supreme Being - (29,747 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Mon 23 Apr 2018
Panda isn't what you should be worried about, Panda has gone!

Panda, Penguin, etc. were updates to the old algorithm, back in August 2013 Google completely replaced that algorithm with a new one called Hummingbird.

In actual fact, nothing should change with regards to how you approach SEO, the golden rule as far as Google is concerned is 'have great content'.

As long as your content is well written and applicable to the page it is on, then Google will find you. For example, if you have a page that is about cats, have well written content about cats, don't talk about dogs. If you have stuff to say about dogs, create a page about dogs.
By 'well written' I mean written as if by a human, for a human, not for a search engine. Google does not like 'keyword stuffing', so don't write your page about cats like:

'Welcome to my page about cats. Cats like to do this, cats, like to do that. Some cats like other cats, some cats don't like other cats but almost all cats like to be cats.' etc.

Obviously there are certain things you can do to help your Google rankings, but they are all things you should be doing anyway, for example, make sure your header tags are used properly, provide image alt tags, titles on links, keep your site running as quickly as possible, don't stuff keywords, etc, etc.

Above all, you need to be providing a good experience for your users, with good well written content. Do that, and you will soon see your site heading up the rankings on Google
Paul
 Posted Tue 24 Jun 2014
große Käse

große Käse - (449,912 reputation)große Käse - (449,912 reputation)große Käse - (449,912 reputation)große Käse - (449,912 reputation)große Käse - (449,912 reputation)große Käse - (449,912 reputation)große Käse - (449,912 reputation)große Käse - (449,912 reputation)große Käse - (449,912 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Fri 15 Sep 2023
I agree, I think there is far too much emphasis in a lot of SEO on the code and not enough on content. There seem to be a lot of myths too, things that probably were true at some point in time, but have little or no impact now. For example, friendly URLs is a classic example. Google generally suggests not to rewrite URLs as it can glean more info from the parametrized version, though my gut feeling is that the friendly ones look nicer in search results and may be more likely to be clicked on (though I am not sure there is any evidence to support this). Certainly Google says the URL format does not influence ranking in results, and I have seen no evidence that it does. But it persists as something that many SEOs will swear to you is essential - not just to have friendly URLs, but to have them in some very specific format.

I certainly have seen some useful SEO advice; but it tends to be about how to structure content on a site in the way you suggest, e.g. separate pages about separate topics. It's also worth identifying what kind of items on your site pull in most search engine traffic or most money, and thinking about best use of finite space on the home page to promote these.

--
If my post solves your issue, can you 'Mark as Answer' so it's easier for other users to find in future.

If you would like to be informed of new features, new releases, developments and occasional special bonuses, please sign up to our mailing list: http://bit.ly/19sKMZb